Friday, 27 January 2017

Five-Minute Friday: Control



What is it about being in control that so appeals to us? Is it that we think we can do a better job at running our lives than God can? How’s that working out for you?

I know in my own life that whenever I try to control things, things get out of control. Whether that’s my circumstances or other people or whatever. It just seems to wind up a mess if I’m not working in cooperation with God. This reminds me that I need him, oh, I need him; every hour I need him. 

If I want things to go well (and who doesn’t?), I need to seek God’s wisdom, God’s direction, God’s help. I need to have the Holy Spirit dwelling and working within me. I need to let Christ live his life through me, rather than me trying to live my life ‘for’ him. Every resource I need for godly living is accessible to me when I live this way.


Let’s not be so grasping. Loosen control and see where God leads.

What comes to mind when you think of the word, CONTROL? Share with us in five minutes or less! Visit Kate Motaung's website to join.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I haven't heard that song in a bit. Such a beautiful reminder! I think this is my first time here so may I say, "Nice to meet you!" Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you as well, Joanne! Sorry for the delay in replying!

      Delete

I appreciate all comments and try to reply to each one!