Thursday, 26 January 2017

Mirror, Mirror, On the Wall

Welcome to another edition of 'Think Write Thursday,' brought to us by Carole & Kat. This week we're asked what our mirror would say if it could talk.

My mirror doesn't lie, so this is what I would hear:

"Girl, I hate to tell you this, but you've put on a few pounds in the last couple of years. It shows on your stomach and your slacks are looking a little tight. And another thing - your highlights are growing out; if you're not ready to go gray, you're going to have to get them done again soon.

"On the plus side, all those physiotherapy exercises are working; your posture's improved. The walking is helping too; I'm starting to see some definition in the right places. Yes, go ahead and smile. Your smile may be your most spectacular feature.

"Go and take the world by storm. You've got this."

Yes, my mirror always tells the truth. It prompts me to take a look at myself and make the better choices I need to as well as to continue doing the positive things I'm doing already. 

Thank you mirror, mirror, on the wall. 
___________

To sign up for Think Write Thursday, visit Carole's blog and subscribe to the weekly prompts.

4 comments:

  1. Great post! Making better choices is not always easy, but the mirror tells all! (sadly!!) Thank you for sharing, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our mirrors may tell the truth, but I'm glad that yours has positive things to say! Maybe a few extra pounds and growing-out highlights, but it's reflecting someone who is willing to make better choices.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments and try to reply to each one!