Friday, 10 March 2017

Five-Minute Friday: Abandon



Walking the time tightrope
Friends, I am attempting not to abandon the blogging side of this website. But it’s a fact that time is a precious commodity when you’re working part-time, have a home to run, a family to care for, etc. You all know that from your own lives, I’m sure, and perhaps you have the added burden of working full-time.

So, while I have been writing lately, I’ve been trying to revise the novel I’ve been working on for quite some time. I have stacks of paper in a couple of bedroom drawers that provide feedback from my writers’ group and I’d like to be able to use that space for storage other than paper. I’m pleased with my progress this week, but you may feel I’m not meeting my obligation to my readers here and that I’ve abandoned you.

You’re important to me, of course. Without a readership there is still a point in writing (it’s a big part of who I am and I can’t imagine myself without it), but I do write for you as well as for myself.

I hope you will be patient with me as I try to find the work-life-writing balance that best serves both of us.

Be blessed.
___________
Today's post is brought to you by the word 'abandon.' If you would like to participate in Five-Minute Fridays, please visit http://katemotaung.com/five-minute-friday/ to find out more.

2 comments:

  1. I've been trying to find time for my blogging and I DON'T have a job, full-time or part-time. Balancing it all is just plain hard! Thoughtful post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like what you said: "Without a readership there is still a point in writing...but I do write for you a well as for myself." That's the beauty of writing...even if no one reads what we write, it feels good to express and get our words out in a meaningful way! It's always an added bonus when others read our writing!
    (Former FMF neighbor--we've been traveling a lot and am just now catching up on reading FMF blogs)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments and try to reply to each one!